Library of Birmingham finds itself on a stamp.
Royal Mail has created a set of new stamps of famous landmarks across the UK. Moreover, our Library of Birmingham has found itself on one of them!
In light of this, Francine Houben; the designer, wanted it to be a place of learning, a ‘peoples palace’. The exterior of the ten-storey building is wrapped in broad bands of gold and silver cladding, overlaid with a filigree pattern of interlocking circles in thin sections of aluminium.
What is in the UK Architecture Collection?
The buildings that feature in the set are:
- Library of Birmingham
- London Aquatics Centre
- SEC Armadillo – Glasgow
- Scottish Parliament – Edinburgh
- Giants’ Causeway Visitor Centre – Northern Ireland
- National Assembly for Wales – Cardiff
- Eden Project – St Austell
- Everyman Theatre – Liverpool
- IWM North – Manchester
- Blavatnik Building – formerly Switch House, Tate Modern, London
Where can I find the UK contemporary building stamps?
The stamps will be available in most post offices across the UK or alternatively, you can get them online here too!
Finally, costing only 65p the new stamp is also first class.
Want more news? Head over to our News Section!