Direct Mail Response Rates
The Royal Mail recently commissioned the TNS to carry out a survey on the Response Rates of Direct Mail. Based on the results, we created an infographic to visually portray the statistics (see below).
The study revealed the following:
- The % of letters which generated action was higher amongst those aged 16-24 and 25-34
- On average 7.8% of women took action after receiving Direct Mail
- Response Rate is highest amongst C2’s at 7.2%
- 27.8% of Mail order Direct Mail received between 2010 and 2012 was put aside for future reference
- The opening rate for Direct Mail sent to prospects stands at 91%