Direct Mail vs E-Mail
The Australian Post office recently carried out a recent survey on communication preference between Direct Mail vs Email. Based on the results, we created an infographic to visually portray the statistics (see below).
The study revealed the following:
- Direct Mail is preferred to E-Mail as a communication method from all industries.
- Mail from financial services and utility companies are the most revived and read.
- 6.9 – The average numbers of letters received each week.
- 37% of people preferred Direct Mail from Retail Stores as opposed to 14% who preferred E-Mail.
- Older generations and low-income earners are more receptive to Direct Mail than E-Mail.
- 34% of people preferred Direct Mail from the Local Government as opposed to 13% who preferred E-Mail.
- 28% of people preferred Direct Mail from Travel Companies as opposed to 17% who preferred E-Mail.
- Direct Mail is preferred to E-Mail as a communication form from all industries.