January provides us with a great opportunity to reflect on the year gone by and to look ahead to the next 12 months. 2018 was an absolute whirlwind for CMS and we loved every second of it.
May 2018 saw us leave behind our home of 7 years in Kings Norton and move to our new site at Gravelly Industrial Park, as well as introducing a company rebrand and adding plenty of new faces to the team.
Our 2018 relocation doubled our available operating space to a huge 46,000 sq. ft and has enabled us to really push on and expand our direct mail service offering and in-house capabilities.
We are able to handle all things direct mail in-house, including:
- Data Management
- Print & Personalisation
- Envelope Enclosing
- Polythene Enclosing
- Hand Enclosing
- Returns Management
- Storage & Distribution
- & more
Our Growing Plant List
We now dispatch over 5 million items per month! Our plant list has grown considerably in the last 12 months and we now have an even greater variety of equipment all in-house, including:
- x5 high-speed envelope enclosing lines, with camera matching technology on every line
- Kern 3500 envelope encloser with selective insertion capable of enclosing 27,000 items per hour
- x5 polywrap lines, with personalisation directly onto polythene
- x6 inkjet printers to personalise one-piece mailers/envelopes
- x9 Xerox production digital presses
- x15 Hand Fulfilment operatives
- In-house print finishing – folding, bolt cutting, nesting, trimming, cross-folding, creasing
- x2 tabbers
- Thermal printing
- 3,000 pallet spaces
- and much, much more
Having so much space available means we can continually grow our plant list. We are already looking into investing in additional printing and fulfilment machinery to further add to our existing setup.
Throughout 2018 the team has been working extremely hard and over the course of the year we have gained a number of important certifications, adding to our existing achievements:
- ISO 14001; Environmental Management
- ISO 9001; Quality Management
- ISO 27001: Information Management
- Cyber Essentials
- Royal Mail Partner in Quality
- Customer Service Excellence
- Customer Service Excellence, Compliance Plus
- NHS Information Governance Toolkit
New Team Members, 2019 & More
After a busy period of transition last summer we are now settled in our new site and looking towards the future. Our team has grown significantly and we’ve hired staff in a variety of roles, including; additional account managers, machine operators, print minders and more… bringing our total number of employees to 75+. For 2019 we want to continue to expand our operations, further increasing our service offering and in-house capabilities. We hope to continue to deliver a fanastic experience for all of our clients and continue to build upon the success of 2018 as we move forward into the new year.
All the best for 2019,
The CMS Team.