Direct Mail is still making a difference to marketers and customers alike, with an impressive 48% of the UK population responding to a Direct Mail piece they received in the past year. Let’s take a look at some more Direct Mail statistics for 2013.
- 62% of people like to receive mail telling them about new offers
- 70% of people welcome mail that rewards their loyalty
- 56% of people welcome mail that gives them useful information
Return on Investment
Direct Mail activity delivered the strongest return with an ROI of £4.60. Its performance has proven considerably stronger than client’s search and above the line activity.
Customers Welcome Mail!
77% of consumers like being informed of special offers via the mail and 70% love direct mail that rewards their loyalty.
15 – 19
- 32% of them responded to Direct Mail.
- 79% will open direct mail that is deemed to contain relevant information.
16 – 24
- 23% of them responded to Direct Mail.
- 33% will open direct mail that is deemed to contain relevant information.
25 – 34
- 43% of them responded to Direct Mail.
- 73% will open direct mail that is deemed to contain relevant information.
35 – 44
- 46% of them responded to Direct Mail.
- 1.5 Million of them visited a shop as a result of Direct Mail.
45 – 54
- 47% of them responded to Direct Mail.
- 25% more likely to open Direct Mail compared to other age groups
55 – 64
- 79% of them responded to Direct Mail.
- 1.5 Million of them responded to a money off voucher.
- 92% of them responded to Direct Mail.
- 6.1 Million of them ordered something seen on a Direct Mail piece.
Direct Mail vs Email
Gives people a better impression of a company
Is deemed a more professional means of communication
Provides an easy way to take in information
Is more likely to grab someone’s attention
People will spend more time reading it
Makes people feel more valued
Likely to do something as a result of receiving
People enjoy reading and receiving it
More appropriate if a customer already
Better for sending a reminder
Easy to file so can be referred to later
Better for follow up messages
Easier to respond to
Better for communicating messages
Direct Mail & The Automotive Industry
- 46% of adults looking to buy a new car responded to Direct Mail
- Receiving Direct Mail makes car owners 70% more likely to make a purchase
- Consumers who intend to buy a new car are heavy responders to Direct Mail